Crunchy Tacos (Easy, Healthy, One Pan Meal)
My healthier crunchy taco recipe will be a go-to for your next Taco Tuesday.
Here's why you'll love this recipe:
- Flavor Fiesta: High-quality ingredients like grass-fed beef and fresh zucchini in every bite.
- One-Pan Wonder: Ditch the mountain of dirty dishes. Simple cleanup means more time to shake up a skinny spicy margarita
- Healthy Indulgence: Lean ground beef keeps things light, while fresh greens & salsa pack nutrients and flavor.
- Effortless Feast: From pantry staples to vibrant veggies, this recipe is a weeknight staple waiting to added to the rotation.
Crispy Crunchy (Easy, Healthy, One Pan Meal)
This recipe is for one-pan crunchy tacos loaded with flavor and nutrition. It features grass-fed beef for lean protein and healthy fats, fresh zucchini and onion for vitamins and fiber, and greens and salsa for a refreshing and light touch. The best part? The tacos are cooked all in one pan, meaning minimal mess and easy cleanup. This recipe is perfect for those who want a delicious and healthy taco night without sacrificing taste or convenience.Healthier ingredients: Grass-fed beef, zucchini, onion, greens, and salsa all contribute to a more nutritious taco.One-pan wonder: No need to dirty multiple dishes! This recipe keeps things simple and clean.Crispy shells: Don't let the one-pan aspect fool you, these tacos will still have that satisfying crunch.Full of flavor: The combination of savory beef, fresh veggies, and zesty salsa is sure to please your taste buds.Perfect for any night: Whether it's Taco Tuesday or just a regular weeknight, this recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.
- 1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef I use lean 90/10
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Yellow Onion Can use any onion
- 1 Serrano Pepper Optional for spice, or sub jalapeno
- 1 packet Siete Slow Cooker Seasoning Can use any taco seasoning
- 1.5 c Salsa
- 1 c Baby Spinach Can use any greens
Garnish + Toppings
- Blue Corn Taco Shells
- 1 Avocado Diced or sliced
- 1 Lime Quartered
- Hot Sauce Optional
- Fresh Cilantro
Preheat oven and cook taco shells according to box directions
Preheat pan to medium high heat
Dice onion, serrano pepper and zucchini into even sized pieces
Spray pan with avocado oil
Add in diced onion and zucchini, sauté for about 4 minutes
Add in ground beef and start to break apart with spatula
Add in seasoning packet
Cook for about 8 minutes frequently stirring. You will know beef is cooked when it's not pink anymore
Once it is cooked, put heat on low and add in salsa and spinach, mix it up and cover with lid
The taco filling is now ready! - Take your shells out of the oven and fill them up. Garnish with avocado, lime, cilantro and hot sauce! Enjoy.
- You can use leftover filling to make a taco bowl the next day, served over rice or greens.
- You can use this recipe with any ground meat
- Spice it up how you like - use any taco seasonings, salsas or hot sauces you love.
- This recipe is packed with healthy nutrients and a great balance of carbohydrate, protein, fiber and fat!
- I get these crispy blue shells from Whole Foods
- Tag me on Insta when you make these! @nourished_by_anne