Easy Orange Chicken Air Fryer Recipe - Dinner in under 30 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Orange Chicken
Craving takeout but watching your health? This Air Fryer Orange Chicken is your new go-to!Ditch the greasy takeout and whip up this light and crispy air fryer orange chicken in under 30 minutes. It's packed with all the sweet and tangy flavor you love, without the deep-frying guilt. Plus, it's made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.Here's what makes this recipe special:Air-fried: Ditch the deep fryer and enjoy crispy, golden chicken with significantly less oil.Healthy ingredients: Made with lean protein, fresh orange juice, and a homemade sauce, this dish is sure to satisfy without weighing you downQuick and easy: This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.Flavorful: The balanced sauce is bursting with sweet, tangy, and savory notes, for a taste that's truly addictive.
- 1 lb Chicken Thigh can sub breast
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Pinch Salt Pepper
- Spray Avocado Oil
- 1/2 c Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Hot Crunchy Chili Oil adjust based on your spice preference
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Pinch Salt + Pepper
Garnish + Pairings
- White Rice
- Raw Bok Choy
- Sesame Seeds
Cube chicken thighs into bite size even pieces
Coat in a bowl with corn starch
Place in air fryer and spray with avocado oil at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (flip half way through)
Make sauce by combining orange juice, soy sauce, chili oil, honey and corn starch together. Whisk thoroughly
Remove cooked chicken from air fryer and pour sauce over chicken
Mix around until all pieces are coated with sauce and place back in air fryer at 400 for 5 minutes to thicken sauce onto chicken
Remove and serve with white rice, bok choy and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
* If your air fryer has a basket at the bottom, remove this after chicken is cooked and pour the sauce in the bottom of the basket to evenly coat chicken. You could also do this step in a pan on stovetop.
- Use fresh orange juice for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of chili oil to your desired level of spiciness.
- Serve with other vegetables like broccoli or green beans for a more balanced meal.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- This recipe is gluten-free and can be made dairy-free by using honey instead of brown sugar.
- You can substitute chicken breasts for the thighs, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- This recipe is easily customizable to your own preferences. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and ingredients!