Healthy Pasta Bake
Pasta bakes are rich, comforting, easy to make, great for family dinners and even better as leftovers. This recipe is a healthy take on a traditional pasta bake. It's packed with protein, vegetables and flavor, the best part is it's customizable. Check it out
- 1 box Pasta noodles use regular, brown rice noodles, lentil noodles, GF. Any noodles work!
- 1 lb Italian seasoned chicken breast thigh or breast works
- 1 jar Tomato basil pasta sauce favorite brands: Raos, Carbone, anything with no sugar and real ingredients.
- 2 c Chopped broccoli
- 2 c Raw baby spinach
- 1 bunch Fresh basil
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- Boil pasta according to package
- Heat a pan to medium high heat, cook Italian seasoned chicken until through, remove from pan
- Place broccoli into the pan and cover with a lid, steam for about 5 minutes until slightly tender
- Pour jar of pasta sauce into a baking dish, add Italian seasonings and cooked pasta, shredded chicken, broccoli and spinach.
- Top with parmesean cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of Parmesan - enjoy!