Tortilla Chip Chicken Nuggets
Tortilla Chip Healthier Chicken Nuggets: Crispy, Crunchy, and Less Fat and CaloriesLooking for a healthier and more delicious alternative to traditional chicken nuggets? Try these tortilla chip healthier chicken nuggets! They're made with all-natural ingredients and baked in the oven or air fryer - so they're lower in fat and calories than deep-fried nuggets. Everyone has that one bag of almost empty chips laying around, crush them up and use them for this recipe!Plus, the tortilla chip coating gives them a crispy and crunchy texture that everyone will love. Serve these nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
- 2 lbs Cubed Chicken Thighs can sub tenderloins or breast
- 1 c Crushed Tortilla Chips I like Siete brand
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Spray Avocado Oil
- Crush up tortilla chips into fine crumbs and add to a bowl with seasonings1 c Crushed Tortilla Chips, 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp Onion Powder, 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Cube chicken and set aside2 lbs Cubed Chicken Thighs
- Coat each chicken cube in seasoned tortilla chip mixture
- Spray with avocado oil and place in air fryer basket or baking tray1 Spray Avocado Oil
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees, cook for 15 minutes and flip halfway through
- If cooking in oven heat oven to 435 and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping half way through
- Made with all-natural ingredients: These chicken nuggets are made with all-natural ingredients, such as lean chicken seasonings, and tortilla chips. This means that they are free of artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- Baked in the oven: These chicken nuggets are air fried or baked in the oven instead of deep-fried, which means that they are lower in fat and calories than traditional chicken nuggets.
- Good source of protein: Chicken is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue.