If you like coffee, the healthiest way to order it is black without milk, sugar or cream. If you do like sweeter coffee here is healthier options for you:
- Hot / Iced Coffee: Americano (espresso + water) black or add a *splash of almond milk* Starbucks almond milk IS sweetened, but if you ask for a splash of almond milk, they will give you less than ordering it “with almond milk”
- STAY AWAY FROM *SKINNY DRINKS* They are made with sugar-free syrups which tricks your body into thinking you need more sugar after you consume them.
- Macchiatos: These come with espresso, whole milk, and syrup, a good way to order a macchiato with less sugar and fat is by asking for a skim milk or almond milk with half the amount of syrup (example grande usually has 4 pumps of vanilla, you can ask for 2 instead)
- Frappuccino: These are packed with sugar, a great substitute for this is asking for a cold brew unsweetened with almond milk blended, (it’s the same consistency as a frappuccino, but can save you up to 400 calories and 30g of sugar)
- Cold brew: Good for coffee drinkers who have acid reflux, the cold brew has a low acidity compared to regular brewed coffee.
- Just for caffeine: Order a doppio espresso shot, it is just two shots in a small cup that you can drink quickly for caffeine with only 5 calories.
- Ask for tea without sweetener, and you can mention that you want “light water” if you would like for the tea to be stronger. Light ice will give you more of the drink as well.
- Matcha at Starbucks, matcha can be great for health, but Starbucks matcha mix has added sugar in it, consider ordering an unsweetened green tea if you want to keep your sugar to a minimum.