Right before the holidays is a perfect time to get things in check and kick your nutrition and wellness routines into high gear. Creating these habits now can help you stay on track through the busier upcoming months and keep your health thriving.
- Say yes to meals at home. Cooking at least 75% of your meals at home is a game changer for overall health and your wallet. You can control what goes in the food, how much and can customize it to your needs. As it starts to get cooler, I have been loving sheet pan meals. These require minimal clean up and have dinner ready in 30 minutes. Whether you're serving 1 or a family of 5 this is a great way to get in nutrition through real whole foods. Some of my favorite easy one dish meal combos.
- Salmon Sheet Pan Meal
- One pot pasta meal
- Skip the extra sugar. While it's okay to have a treat and enjoy a dessert, daily intake of excess added sugar can easily add up and throw your progress off.. If your morning pumpkin spice latte is non-negotiable, there is a way to adjust the order to make it a bit healthier by reducing the extra added sugar and fat. No matter what it is, finding a few easy swaps with any type of food can help increase nutrition, which naturally results in lower sugar and overall caloric value. Check out how to customize below
- How to order a healthier pumpkin spice latte
- How to order at Starbucks
- Prepare balanced snacks for when hunger strikes. Being prepared is key when it comes to snacking. Instead of reaching into the pantry to finish off that bag of chips that will leave you hungry, eat real food that will satisfy your hunger and keep your energy levels up. If you find yourself reaching for a snack and need something quick try these combos
- Grapes, babybel cheese + deli turkey meat with seed crackers
- Greek yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and granola
- Bell peppers + guacamole
- Baby carrots + hummus with olive oil
Small changes can make big impacts when it comes to overall wellness and nutrition. If you are looking to optimize your health and have a customized program that is tailored to your needs, I am here to help you reach those goals. Click here to schedule a free 15 minute discovery call with me. Life is supposed to feel good, let’s start today.